The Internet is evolving and as a REALTOR®, you can be at the forefront of this change, bringing order and consistency to the currently disorganized real estate space online.
Benefits of having a .REALTOR web address:
1. Instantly tell the world you are a REALTOR®!
- Anyone can create a .com web address, but only REALTORS® can have a .REALTOR web address, differentiating REALTORS® from other real estate professionals.
- .REALTOR makes it easy for consumers, prospects and clients to find a trusted sourced in real estate in the REALTOR® brand, which stands for ethics, professionalism and trust.
- Directly connects members to the $5 billion internationally recognized REALTOR® brand, delivering additional branding and market value – like placing the REALTOR® logo on your business cards or wearing the REALTOR® pin.
2. Choosing a web address
- .REALTOR already tells consumers a little about who you are and what you do so you can focus on selecting the best web address to market yourself and your business.
- .REALTOR offers a clean slate of web addresses to choose from, unlike .com and .net web addresses
- Search engines like Google are focused on delivering relevant results. .REALTOR and the web address you choose tells search engines what kind of content to expect on your website, making it more likely to appear in search results when “REALTOR®” and the terms in your web address are searched.
3. Consumer Campaigns
- NAR will have consumer campaigns to educate the public about the .REALTOR web addresses as a source they can trust to make the biggest financial decision of their life.
4. The Future
- Positions REALTORS® with a competitive edge in the online real estate space by enabling the opportunity for future innovation. Example: Creating .REALTOR search engines, making it easy to locate REALTORS® and real estate services.
David Craft’s .REALTOR web address: www.DavidCraft.REALTOR
“I applied for the .REALTOR domain because it is monitored by NAR to ensure that only REALTORS® are represented on the domain. It, to me, added legitimacy to my business and my online presence. This is another form of validation for my clients that they are doing business with a licensed agent. I’ve pointed www.DavidCraft.REALTOR to my master website and have started including it on my mailings and marketing materials.”
RE/MAX DFW Associates
Alan & Nancy Ellenbogen of Team Ellenbogen’s .REALTOR web addresses:
Our Bloomfield Listings: www.topsellingagentinbloomfieldnjalanellenbogen.REALTOR
Our Nutley Listings: www.topsellingagentinnutleynjalanellenbogen.REALTOR
Our Glen Ridge Listings: www.topsellingagentinglenridgenjalanellenbogen.REALTOR
Our Montclair Listings: www.topsellingagentinmontclairnjalanellenbogen.REALTOR
“We have been using our .REALTOR domains to create town websites showcasing our listings and important information about the municipality, such as recreation programs, restaurants, transportation, etc. This makes it easier for clients who are unfamiliar with a particular town to learn more about them. Potential buyers can also book showings and contact us directly through these sites.”
Alan & Nancy Ellenbogen of Team Ellenbogen
Keller Williams NJ Metro Group
Kathleen Freeman’s .REALTOR web address: www.KathleenFreeman.REALTOR
“I'm truly proud to be a REALTOR® and want the world to know that. I use it in all my advertising, on my For Sale Signs, business cards, emails etc. It shows that I belong to an honorable organization that is backed by years of experience by thousands of others in the Realtor world.”
Pete Thorpe’s .REALTOR web address: www.PeteThorpe.REALTOR
“I believe as word spreads of the domain and it becomes more common, many buyers and sellers will insist on having a REALTOR® with their own domain. It will serve almost as a check that yes, this person is an actual REALTOR®. In my market, the vast majorities of common website names are already taken and finding a unique name that was not very long, such as petesellsbaltimorehomes.com, was difficult if not impossible. By having the .Realtor extension, all I need is someone to remember my name and I will pop up on a top level search of Google/Bing/Yahoo because there is only one www.PeteThorpe.REALTOR.”