Like the many benefits of NAR membership, .REALTOR provides a competitive advantage for you in the marketplace
As a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, you already understand the exclusive benefits that come with membership. You also know the value of being recognized as a REALTOR® by prospects and clients, showing that you adhere to NAR’s code of ethics and professional conduct.
As a result, one of the primary benefits of the new .REALTOR domain, is the ability to clearly show your status as a REALTOR® prominently in your website address. There’s more than that though. Having your own .REALTOR domain benefits you in the following ways:
- Since every domain ends in .REALTOR, indicating REALTOR® status, members can focus on selecting the best domain name and market themselves and their business.
- .REALTOR offers a clean slate of domain names to choose from, whereas most desirable domains are already taken in .com.
- Bring order and consistency to the currently disorganized real estate space on the Internet. Anyone can create a .com site, but only REALTORS® can use a .REALTOR domain.
- The first domain is FREE for the first year for the first 500,000 NAR members and the first 10,000 CREA members.
- Directly connects members to the $5 billion internationally recognized REALTOR® brand, delivering additional branding and market value – just like placing the REALTOR® logo on your business cards or wearing the REALTOR® pin.
- Immediately identifies REALTOR® membership, and differentiates REALTORS® from other nonmember professionals.
- Establish a branded destination for consumers to ensure they’re dealing with a REALTOR®.
- Builds a TLD that establishes .REALTOR as a trusted source when searching for real estate information online.
- Communicates the positive attributes of trust, professionalism and community to consumers by its use of the REALTOR® name.
- The Internet is evolving and NAR has proactively positioned REALTORS® to be at the forefront of this change.
- Positions REALTORS® with a competitive edge in the online real estate space by enabling the opportunity for future innovation, for example, a .REALTOR search engine, making it easier for consumers to locate REALTORS® and real estate services.
- Establishes rules and standards of use that differentiate the .REALTOR domain from all other domains.
- Search engines like Google are focused on delivering relevant results. The .REALTOR domain tells search engines what kind of content to expect on a website, making it more likely to appear in search results when a consumer is searching for the term “REALTOR®”.
- Includes an optional FREE profile website for U.S. members. An example can be found here.